If you’re like us, you love flowers. However, when choosing flowers for your wedding, it can be overwhelming – trust us, we’ve been there. That’s why this month, we’re sharing our best wedding flower knowledge with you, including peak seasons that certain flowers are available and unique ways to utilize flowers during your wedding, aside from the obvious bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces.
Let’s start with seasonality. No matter the time of year, there are unique flower varieties available for you to take advantage of. Some of our favorite and most unique seasonal flowers include:
Spring Wedding Flowers In Season
- Bells of Ireland – which make for great accent pieces
- Casa Blanca Lily – a classic white wedding flower, perfect for bouquets
- Daffodil – nothing defines spring more than these happy, bright flowers
- Lilacs – a favorite because of their vibrant purple colors and sweet-smelling buds
- Peony and Ranunculus –classic spring wedding flowers that we love to work with
- Tulips – possibly our favorite spring flower, because there are so many beautiful colors to play with
Summer Wedding Flowers In Season
- Gerbera Daisy – We’re hard pressed to find a more lively flower
- Hydrangea – Another classic wedding flower that provides couples with a variety of color options
- Forget-Me-Not – These delicate blue flowers are the perfect addition to any centerpiece or bouquet
- Freesia – Although the Devil Wears Prada’s Miranda Priestly may dislike freesia, we love seeing summer brides and grooms incorporating this white flower into their weddings
- Iris – We love Iris’ because of the variety of classic colors brides and grooms can work with
Fall Wedding Flowers In Season
- Dahlia – is one of the most beautiful flowers available in the U.S., as it is grown in many colors varietals and can be used in almost every way imaginable
- Marigold – is another classic fall wedding flower that can compliment any wedding display
- Sunflowers – are the most common fall wedding flower and we love working them into all of our seasonal weddings
- Chrysanthemums – bountiful, beautiful and comes in a variety of colors to fit every couple’s unique floral preferences
- Dried Leaves – are not flowers, but are affordable and compliment most flower arrangements and can be used in a variety of ways
Winter Wedding Flowers In Season
Jasmine – delicate and white, Jasmine can be used fresh or dried for wedding arrangements; not to mention, it smells incredible
Poinsettia – a classic seasonal and holiday wedding flower to give bold pops of red to any ceremony or reception
Stargazer Lily – this hot pink, red and white flower gives any wedding a tropical feel
Sweet Pea – are another favorite flower of ours, as they are delicate, come in a variety of colors and can be utilized beyond bouquets and centerpieces. In fact, we love seeing them in floral bridal crowns
Anemone – a show-stopping flower that adds a dramatic effect to any flower arrangement
Wedding Flowers Available Year Round
There are too many wedding flowers to count that are available year-round, but some of the most popular include: Roses, Gardenia, Lily of The Valley, Orchids, Carnations, Eucalyptus, Baby’s Breath and Calla Lilies, to name a few.
So how can you utilize seasonal flowers in your wedding? Some of our favorite and most unique wedding floral recommendations include:
- Flower Walls, which can be used as an Instagram-able backdrop
- Hanging Arrangements and Chandeliers, which are breath taking and can be hung from almost any ceiling to give your wedding reception an extra “wow” factor
- Curtain Ties are a hot wedding trend and that we are HERE for. We love being challenged with different flower varieties to add an extra pop of flower power to any wedding or reception
- Flower Initials are quickly becoming another hot wedding trend. We’ve seen a number of couples outline and hang their initials in flowers above their reception tables, at seating check-in and more.
- Go green! We’ve seen an influx of “no flowers” weddings in recent years. From green centerpieces, to wedding chairs and cakes and beyond; the green possibilities are endless!
For more ideas, information or to learn about Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa’s wedding capabilities, packages and spaces, please visit our wedding page.
Your Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa Wedding Team