Our team interprets healthy touch as a consensual way to physically connect with and touch another human being with intent, as to not only feel one another’s energy but help balance it as well. There are many ways to approach healthy touch, but some of the most common and favorable ways include:
Hand Holding: Is one of the most common types of healthy touch, as it’s not overly intimate and can be done almost anywhere, anytime. Some of the benefits of hand holding include:
- Providing One Another With a Sense Of Security – holding hands creates a sense of grounding and reassurance
- Soothing Anxiety and Decreasing Stress – Studies have found that in stressful situations, holding your partner’s hand can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, in addition to significantly lowering your cortisol (stress hormone) level
- Boosting oxytocin (the “feel good” or “love / bonding hormone”) – Hand holding helps strengthen feelings of closeness and connection, which results in your body releasing small amounts of oxytocin
Hugging: If there’s one thing most people have missed during the pandemic, it’s hugging – and for good reason! Hugging has been proven to reduce aggression in our reactions to stress, improve our sleep, reduce fears, boost heart health, and overall makes us feel happier. Next time you pull a loved one or partner close, try to tune-in to how you’re feeling in the moment, or if your (and their!) mood changes – you may be surprised by the immediate shift in energy.
Healing Touch Massage: Often referred to as ‘therapeutic touch,’ healing touch (therapeutic) massage is an energy therapy that uses gentle hand techniques to help remap an individual’s energy field and accelerate the healing of the mind, body, and spirit. And while energy and spiritual massages may not sound like your cup of tea at first, consider the benefits; as healing touch massage has been proven effective in reducing pain, anxiety, and fatigue, as well as increasing relaxation. To learn more about healing touch massage techniques and benefits, and/or book a healing touch massage for you and your partner, please reach out to our spa team.
Skin-to-Skin Contact: Encapsulating all of the above and more, skin-to-skin contact is a consensual act that involves direct skin contact between two individuals. As the skin is the largest organ, is very sensitive, and provides warmth, skin-to-skin contact can go a long way towards expressing your affection for someone, in addition to reducing stress. Gentle touches such as holding hands, or more intentional skin contact such as lying next to someone can instantly reduce stress and anxiety levels, increase circulation and warmth, and create a sense of bonding with a loved one.
No matter how you show your physical love for someone, know that even the smallest touch or gesture carries many benefits for you and your loved one. This month (February 2022) Stonedrift Spa is making the power of touch even sweeter, as couples who book a massage will receive a gift following their service, which includes a deluxe size sample of CBD body oil, a rose quartz healing stone, two pieces of decadent chocolate, and tips on how to continue to connect with your partner through healing touch.
We’ve included more spa specials below for you to reference and book at your convenience.
With warmth and wellness,
-Abbi Porter, Spa Manager & Your Stonedrift Spa Wellness Team
February 2022 Spa Specials Include:
- Those who book a couples massage will receive a gift following their service, which includes a deluxe size ample of CBD body oil, a rose quartz healing stone, two pieces of decadent chocolate, and tips on how to continue to connect with your loved one through healing touch.
- For those who simply want to focus on individual wellbeing, Stonedrift Spa is also offering a luxurious HydraFacial; and if you mention ‘love’ when booking your HydraFacial, you’ll receive a free lip enhancement.
- The spa is also featuring new Biodynamic Lunar Glow Facial, and if you book your facial Monday thru Thursday, you’ll receive $15 off.